Ha! Thing 2 is a treat. Reading and commenting on blogs is already a vital part of my professional life. Through blogs I …
Find out about other people’s amazing, beautiful collections and get great ideas for flaunting our own:
- 52 Weeks of Fantastic Bindings they are! they are! indeed fantastic. Do look!
- British Postal Museum and Archive full of unexpected stories and pictures.
Follow the progress of interesting projects:
- Tower Project love these fun and frivolous early C20 stories.
- The Great Parchment Book a conservation challenge!
- What’s the Score at the Bodleian digitising music scores at the galop!
Get up-to-date info from expert and enthusiastic colleagues:
- Wikiman go-to chap for library marketing, master of Prezi.
- Girl in the Moon v helpful for special collections news and other library stuff.
- New Professionals Toolkit you don’t have to be a new professional to find this advice useful – I am living proof.
- Library Marginalia cataloguing and rare books expertise.
- Archives Next well what will come next? New stuff for archives.
Share research/insight into things I don’t have time to master or even think about:
- In the Library with the Leadpipe top quality referenced articles on library issues.
- Archives Hub blog detailed thought-provoking articles reflecting on linked data, authorities and other tech/cata matters
(I notice incidentally that at least four of these bloggers – plus me of course – have published books on information matters. Makes sense for several reasons e.g. if you’re drawn to writing, you’re more likely to blog. If you blog, you’re more likely to be spotted by a publisher. Etc.)
Image above shared courtesy Univ of St Andrews use of creative commons licence -thanks!